RARE ORIGINAL STATIONERY LOT

FROM THE NAZI ORGANISATION TODT (OT),

REICHSAUTOBAHN HEAD MAINTENANCE OFFICE &

MINISTRY OF DR. ALBERT SPEER !!

Organization Todt - an overview

The Organization Todt (OT) developed in the spring 1938 from from the general inspector for roads, Dr. Ing. Fritz Todt , in connection with the building of the Reichsautobahn of created task forces. Background for the formation of the OT was the building of the "Westwall" (West Barrier) starting from 1938, an extensive military attachment plant at the German west border.

In the Second World War a militarily organized building troop, those formed for the Reichs Minister for armament and ammunition with the OT (RMfBM, starting from March 1940; in September 1943 renamed in Reichs Minister for armament and war production, RMfRK) subordinated was. After the death of Fritz Todt took place under the new RMfBM Albert Speer a reorganisation of the OT. directors/conductors of the OT center with the RMfBM was since beginning of 1941 the Dipl.Ing. Xaver Dorsch.
Since 1940 the OT was inserted for construction programs in the areas occupied by Germany. To it belonged since summer 1941 also an extensive employment in the Soviet Union as well as on the Balkans. In the autumn 1940 construction measures under the supervision of the OT began for the development of the submarine bases at the French west and south coast as well as for the establishment of large shelters for submarines.
With the instruction of Hitler in December 1941 over the fortress-moderate development of the French west coast to the "Atlantic barrier" a large-scale schedule of work of the OT. loaded hoppers artillery and crew positions developed required an extensive personnel employment as well as enormous quantities, which were taken off among other things from the "shelter schedule of work" in the German large cities. In addition at the beginning of 1943 the building of launching sites still came in the north French area for at this time the flight bomb "V 1" as well as the long-range rocket "V 2" in the development.
In the summer 1943 at the same time the OT employment in the German realm Reich of Adolf Hitler began for the recovery of air raid damage, to the development of air protection facilities for the civilian population (1943-45: "extended LS leader program"), for building projects of the industry, supply facilities and National Railroad as well as for the establishment of underground arms and fuel works (1944/45: "hunter program", "Geilenberg program").
Organization and work input

The organization of the OT employment was divided into the order of its meaning into groups of employments for a region, upper construction supervisions for a region and/or a building object, construction supervisions employments and/or section construction supervisions individual for certain areas and objects as well as. For the groups of employments and the subordinated units pseudonyms were used.

The OT employment in by Germany occupied the areas as well as in the German Reich was based in the Second World War by enlisted (partly "volunteers") auxiliary workers from the Western European countries as well as starting from 1942 increased upon forced laborers and prisoners of war. 1943/44 took place increasingly also a use of KZ prisoners, prisoners from work educating and police camps and other prisoners of the LV regime, which often directly the OT was transferred to the intensified work input.

Thus the OT ordered toward at the end of 1944 over 1.360.000 workers, of it 14,000 "military unfit" Germans and 22,000 KZ prisoners. The remaining workers consisted of forced laborers and prisoners of war. Due to the brutal treatment and living conditions, the OT cooperated closely with the Gestapo and SS, proved the OT work input for the busy forced laborers and prisoner of war as particularly hard and inhuman.

THIS RARE LOT OF THREE DIFFERENT RARE

ORIGINAL THIRD REICH STATIONERIES

IS OFFERED FOR SALE

FOR $ 155.00 INCL. SHIPPING WITH PRIORITY MAIL

TO ANY ADDRESS IN THE UNITED STATES.

CONTACT US

olive-drab is a division of Warneke, Inc. P.O.Box 2844, Rapid City, SD 57709-2844 USA

All descriptions are Copyright © 2004 by Warneke, Inc. and no part of this web site may be reproduced in any form without our prior written permission . Violations of the copyright will be pursued to the full extent of the law.